Term Paper Cover Page Format
Specifications of the term paper cover page formats
The cover page or title page is a mandatory component of a research paper. If the project guidelines mention the cover page, it will be because it has to be formatted in a specific manner. When the cover page is not mentioned, that does not mean it is not to be included; it means the cover page is to be formatted as per the rules of the documentation style you are using. There are many documentation formats which are used for academic research paper documentation and each one of them has a specific term paper cover page format.
Formatting the term paper cover page
The cover page of a term paper gives your reader first hand information on the contents of the paper. The main points which are a part of all the term paper cover page formats are:
• The author
• The title of the document
• The subject or the course title
• The name of the professor
• The date of submission
Even though the pieces of information included in the title page are somewhat the same in all the documentation styles, the method of presentation differs. The APA style and the MLA style are the most commonly used academic documentation styles. The term paper cover page formats of these styles as follows:
• The APA style cover page: The running head appears along the top quarter of the page against the sub-heading of ‘running head’. It can also be placed on the top most line of the page. The title is placed centrally vertically and horizontally. The name of the author, the name of the university, the name of the professor and the submission date appear below the title.
• The MLA style cover page: Unless specified so, the MLA style cover page need not be separated from the main document. The name of the author, the course title, the name of the professor and the date of submission can be placed on the top left hand side of the first page of the research paper. The surname of the author and the page number should be placed on the top right hand side. The title must be placed, centrally aligned, along the line which would separate the top quarter of the page and leaving two spaces below, you may start writing your paper. But if your instructor asks for a separate cover page, these details should be given in a separate sheet, the title appearing along the middle of the sheet and the other information at the bottom of the page. The surname of the author and the page number would appear on the top right hand corner itself, even on the separate sheet.
If you need any further help with your term paper cover page format, let us know. We offer help with all stages and parts of term paper projects to students who wish to get professional guidance with their projects. Whether you are struggling with economics paper topics or math topics, we have writers who specialize in the respective subjects to assist you. We also offer help with essay topics, process paper ideas and so on. Our custom research papers are among the best in the industry and are prepared to suit the specifications of each project.
Tags: format for cover pages, Term Paper Cover Page Format, term paper title page