Sample MLA Research Paper
Identifying good sample MLA research papers
The MLA style is considered as the simplest and most flexible of all documentation styles. Even though the style has its preferences and specifications clearly defined, it has also listed out various options which accommodates almost all types of documentation requirements. That has made the MLA style one of the highly preferred formats for academic research paper documentation. If you are a literature, arts or humanities student, it will help you a lot while preparing your academic papers, if you learn the fundamentals of the MLA style. An updated MLA style manual and a good sample MLA research paper must be kept, in hand, for reference.
Understanding the MLA style of documentation
The MLA style, even though rather simple in its formatting requirements, is particular enough about certain aspects which mark it different from the other styles. Knowing these aspects will help you in preparing good MLA style research papers. It will also help you to identify good sample MLA research papers for reference purposes.
• The title page of an MLA style research paper must be a part of the first page of the research paper, unless the project guidelines instruct otherwise.
• The name of the author, the course title, the name of the professor and the date of submission must appear on the top left hand side of the first page of your research paper.
• All pages should have the surname of the author and the page number printed along the top right hand corner of the pages.
• The title is to be printed below the date, leaving double-space, centrally aligned.
• The research paper must start right below the title, leaving double-space.
• Content notes or end notes are used for the purpose of giving extra information on any part of the text. The notes are to be linked to the information using numerals or special characters.
• The MLA style uses the ‘(author, page)’ format for its parenthetical references. The surname of the author and the page number where the cited information can be found. The in-text references must tally with the information given in the bibliography section.
• The bibliography section of an MLA style paper is to begin on a fresh page and titled ‘Works Cited’. The information is to be arranged in the alphabetical order of the surnames of the authors.
• There are different formats for presenting the citations of different types of sources. You must refer to the updated style manual to ascertain the formats applicable for the type of sources you are using.
If you manage to find a good sample MLA research paper, you will be able to get a better idea of how to format your paper as per the MLA guidelines. If you are not confident about handling the task, of formatting your paper in MLA style, let us know.
We have highly experienced academic writers to help students with all their academic writing issues. We offer help with everything ranging from persuasive essay outline format to scholarship essay format. Our list of services also includes formatting, editing and proof-reading. We also offer outstanding custom research papers and Research Papers, formatted to perfection by professional academic writers, to students who wish to opt for that. You may check out the examples of descriptive essays and sample MLA research papers listed in our samples section to get an idea of the skills of our writers.
Tags: examples of MLA paper, MLA Research Paper Format, sample MLA research paper