Outline Plan of a Research Paper Proposal
What is the starting point of all term paper writing tasks? When you are going to write a research paper, it is important that you first create a simple plan that is also called a research paper proposal. It is considered a necessary document because you can define the actual research tasks in the proposal even before you start your researching and writing projects. What should a normal research paper outline contain?
A research proposal is in all essence a proposal. It is like you are soliciting an approval from your advisor whether he is also interested for you to research a topic. This encompasses not only the topics but also the aspects of actual procedures that you are going to undertake. Usually, the research paper proposal is a small reflection of the entire research paper, both in format and contents. But to make it a little easier to read, you only need the special and significant parts.
- The thesis statement should already be integrated in a research paper proposal. This is your core idea on what to research.
- When you have chosen a specific term paper idea, you can also include a little explanation why you have selected that topic and why you are interested to talk about it.
- The next part is the methodology segment. You must summarize how you are planning to acquire the data and information that are needed to support your researching.
- The literature review part may also be integrated simply by discussing in a small paragraph all reference materials that are related to your plan.
- Lastly, the proposal should also contain a brief paragraph that explains what things you are expecting to come out from your research plan. You can check a sample research paper from our Archives on how to write your proposal.
You can select any formats in writing your research paper proposal – MLA format research paper, APA or Harvard. Just remember to present them in a numbered list for a more organized proposal.